From Polanyi Society wiki
|The Polanyi Society is a scholarly organization |
whose members are interested in the thought of Michael Polanyi,
a scientist and philosopher who lived from 1891 to 1976.
- 2016 Polanyi Conference
- In 2016, the Polanyi Society will sponsor a conference to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the publication of Michael Polanyi’s The Tacit Dimension and to assess the legacy of Polanyi’s philosophical efforts. The conference will also provide opportunities for senior and junior Polanyi scholars to collaborate in the exploration of the many subjects and themes identified in Polanyi’s writings.
- The Society invites proposals for papers that examine Polanyi’s contributions to the areas of epistemology (including tacit knowing), moral philosophy, intellectual history, aesthetics, religious and theological studies, embodiment, semiotics, economics, and socio-political orders.
- How to submit proposals for the Conference.
- The Polanyi Society Wiki
- The purpose of this wiki is to provide a reliable information about the life and works of Michael Polanyi. We hope it will be useful for students, teachers, and scholars.
- Participation in composing and editing the wiki is by invitation only. If you would like to join the editorial team, please contact us.
- Navigating the wiki
- If you look at the menu on the left, you will find links to many other parts of the Polanyi Society website.
- The section entitled "On the wiki" lets you investigate all of the pages and categories on the wiki.
- Every entry in the wiki is indexed, so using the search box at the top of this page may help you find what you are seeking.